So, somewhere along the way I saw a post for cookie dough bites using chickpeas and another using flax seeds. Since that was a long time ago and I do not use those two ingredients, I didn’t pin them or put them into my favorites bar. Last time I made the energy balls I remembered that I wanted to try out a raw cookie dough type recipe. Here is what I came up with. I loved them but they were a little on the sweet side. I made them into tiny little balls instead on two bite size.
Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 3 T chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or 90% lindt bar chopped up
- In your food processor, add in almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, chia seeds, flour, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until you get a fine meal, scraping down the sides a few times.
- Either stream in or add small amounts of the maple syrup at a time and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate
- roll into small balls and refrigerate until ready to snack!
Next time I am going to try only almonds and more macadamia nuts(if I can afford them!) and use dried cranberries and some small bits of white chocolate. I will probably reduce the amount of syrup with the white chocolate being so sweet.