These are a great treat to make and are as bulletproof/paleo/primal/healthy as I could make them. I got the original recipe here, and decided (a) I didn’t need 30 cookies so (b) no sugar allowed and (c) no egg yolks (to make more bulletproof). Now, I know that cookies are totally not bulletproof but for those of us who live in the real world with our children…they are as healthy of an alternative as I can get, just remember, they are a treat… not an everyday thing for us or our children.
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP xylitol
- 1/4 cup grass fed, room temp butter
- splash of good vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP coconut flour
- cinnamon mix: 1 TBSP each cinnamon and xylitol
1. add xylitol, butter, vanilla, egg and salt in a bowl. Beat with beaters really well. Make sure that all is mixed and incorporated.
2. add coconut flour (sift in if it is clumpy). beat it in really well.
3. let sit and thicken about 5 minutes. Make sure to actually do this step or it wont work out
4. soop with a tbsp and kinda roll the “dough” into a semi ball. Roll in the cinnamon mixture, place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly with a fork. (I say dough because it is a loose dough/liquid mixture that makes your hands really messy!)
5. Bake 15 min or so @ 375.