Here is a quick recipe for a healthy, fun snack that leaves you with loads of energy. Feel free to tweak it as needed. My recipe changes every time so as long as its the consistency to roll into a ball, you are good! I don’t give amounts because you can make very little or a lot. Experiment! Have your child do it, they never measure!
- Unsweetened coconut, shredded
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Raw Honey or maple syrup(we use mct oil combined with powdered xylitol)
- Nut butter(we use sunflower seed or macadamia nut)
- Finely grated carrot or zucchini
- Options: unsweetened dried cranberries, raisins, or cherries. Or anything else you can think of! Many people add oats but we keep this grain free.
Basically, mix all the dry ingredients together then add your sweetener and nut butter. Mix till you could roll it into a ball. Remember that grated carrots and zucchinis have high water content! Squish in a towel first to get some of the water out(or us a cheesecloth and save the juice for adding into something!)
This is a great toddler snack, especially when learning to roll balls! They usually love getting their hands dirty!